Image Map

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

CCSS Reading Informational Text- Text Features

#textfeatures,#informationaltextfirstgrade
This is a wall that helps identify the text features of informational text.  I teach both informational text and narrative text at the same time, just at different points in the day.  This wall serves as a reference for my students and it changes each time we switch out informational texts.  I usually write my own informational text to go along with the literature that we are studying so that there is a connection and so that I can differentiate text levels.  I'm in the process of putting all my informational text units on TPT so check it out or comment if you are interested and I'll keep you updated.  This wall was about coyotes which I teamed with an HM story entitled Mr. C's Dinner.  The narrative companion unit Mr. C's Dinner is on TPT now.

No comments:

Post a Comment