Image Map

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

New Room!




Well, change is good... my new classroom at my new school is coming along.  I went with teal and black and white polk-a-dots as the accent.  I do have one bright pink wall near the entry way just to bring a pop of color into the room.  I found a great, inexpensive rug at IKEA and tons of teal bins in the same color at Dollar Tree. I'm excited and getting ready for the new year!  I spent a ton of time leveling and sorting books.  I leveled until level L and from there organized by topic, favorite authors, and genres.  I also went through and pulled a ton of books out of my classroom library to use as mentor texts for writing.  This took a TON of time, but I feel so organized and can now go right to my box that has great mentor texts for openings, transitions, or similes for example.  I also pulled books for all our social studies and next generation science units.  This way those books will be easily accessible when I work on the unit.  Since I'll be teaching a 1/2 combo I also organized my guided reading sets so that I could be really strategic in my planning for my groups.  I plan to hit content and standards explicitly through the guided reading so every minute has to count so that I can address all common core standards for each grade level. One week until my new little guys come to check it all out...7 days and counting:)

No comments:

Post a Comment