Image Map

Thursday, May 22, 2014

New Phonics Unit

Just finished the long i word work unit...PHEW!  One more to go and then I'll bundle them for TPT.  These units have been great for my first grade super stars.  The kids love the games (especially Roll and Read and Slap it!) and they love the little phonics characters.  Because all of the reading is differentiated, each student has access, which is so important for their success.  We are cycling back on long vowels now, and the kids needed it!  With so many spelling and phonics patterns swirling in their heads I'm so happy I went back and used the last few weeks and these units to review the long vowels so that they are nice and firm for the kids in second grade.  I'm definitely going to use them at the beginning of the year for my second graders in the 1/2 combo I'm going to teach next year.  If interested the link is below.

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Long-i-word-work-unit-Differentiated-1252637

No comments:

Post a Comment