Image Map

Sunday, June 22, 2014

New Beginnings

Well, after 18 years in the same classroom I've not only moved classrooms, but I've moved schools.  I'm excited and nervous, but also a little sad because I'm leaving behind a whole history of families and lovely people I've come to know.  Change is good (and quite a bit of work), but I'm so thankful for my sweet daughter who has patiently helped me unpack boxes, sort and resort books, and to my whole family who has listened to me ask whether I should do a black and white polka dot or chevron striped accents (my husband and son looked at me like I was from another planet) and traveled to many Dollar Tree stores to find storage bins.  I'm also thankful for my team partners, new and old.  You know you have a true friend when she offers to go pick fabric out with you for your walls.   I'm excited and feeling blessed!!!!




2 comments:

  1. Hi there! I saw you on the TpT forum and wanted to stop by your blog! Wow- you are moving schools after 18 years, that definitely has to be hard, but I'm sure you are excited as well! Are you changing grade levels too? Black and white chevron sounds good! Have you decided on your theme? Well good luck at your new school! I am your newest TpT follower and I can't wait to look around your store! Happy Summer!
    Tricks of the Trade in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrea! It is exciting!!! I'm teaching a 1/2 combo so it's just a small change. I just checked out your blog...so cute! And I followed you on TPT so I'm excited to check out your store too.
      -Valerie

      Delete